Description of Services
Caring for the special needs of women, the goal of gynecologic oncology is to provide comprehensive care in a comfortable, patient-oriented setting. A thorough evaluation is provided for all gynecologic malignancies as well as for premalignant lesions of the cervix. High risk evaluations are provided for women who are at high risk for gynecologic cancers as a result of their family history.
Among the services provided:
- Advanced surgical techniques, including radical surgery, robotic surgery, and minimally invasive surgery
- Current chemotherapeutic techniques including intravenous therapy and intraperitoneal therapy
- Access to innovative and state-of-the-art radiation therapy techniques with specialists in radiation therapy for gynecologic malignancies
- Access to research programs
- Access to phase I and phase II research trials
- Screening for familial breast, ovarian, endometrial, and colon cancer syndromes
- Weekly pathology reviews and tumor conferences
- Weekly ovarian cancer support group
- Advanced colposcopy
- Social work and clinical nutrition specialists
- On-site comprehensive laboratory and radiological facilities
- One-of-a kind Psycho-Oncology program offering evaluation, therapy and referrals as needed with a full-time Ph.D. Psychologist
As gynecologic oncology consultants, we work closely with your primary physicians to provide you with the best care possible from diagnosis through survivorship
Gynecologic Oncology Information
Gynecologic oncology involves the treatment of various cancers of the pelvis or reproductive systems, including ovarian cancer, cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, vulvar cancer, and vaginal cancer. The following facts provide some insight into these forms of cancer:
- Endometrial cancer, or cancer of the uterus, ranks first among gynecologic cancers. It involves the formation of cancer in the lining of the uterus.
- Ovarian cancer ranks second among gynecologic cancers. Women in industrialized nations are more likely to contract ovarian cancer than are women in non-industrialized countries.
- Cervical cancer remains a powerful health threat around the world. Nearly all women with cervical cancer have human papillomavirus (HPV). Routine Pap test screening has reduced deaths due to cervical cancer by 74% over the past 50 years.
- Vulvar cancer is a rare form of gynecologic cancer, accounting for only about 4% of reproductive cancers in women.
Treatment options for the various types of gynecologic cancers vary. Chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery may be considered depending upon the type of cancer, its stage, and other factors.
As a Texas Oncology patient, you may have the opportunity to receive newly-developed treatments or experimental drugs through participation in research studies and clinical trials. These programs are designed to evaluate new cancer prevention and treatment options, as part of a deliberate and comprehensive research process that often takes years. They test the safety and effectiveness of new or modified treatments in cancer patients using new drugs, unique approaches to surgery and radiation therapy, and various combinations of treatments. Participation in these trials is dependent on numerous factors relating to your health and the trials currently being offered.
Locations and Specialists
1000 S. Coulter, Suite 100Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Amarillo, TX 79106
902 W. Randol Mill Rd, Suite 150Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Arlington, TX 76012
6204 Balcones DriveGynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Austin, TX 78731
901 W. 38th Street, Suite 200Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Austin, TX 78705
12221 Renfert Way, Suite 300Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Austin, TX 78758
3410 Worth Street, Suite 400Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Dallas, TX 75246
- Koon, E. Colin, M.D.
- Stringer, C. Allen, M.D.
- Matthews, M. Carolyn, M.D.
- Oh, Jonathan C., M.D.
- Spillman, Monique Ann, M.D., Ph.D.
1615 Hospital Parkway, Suite 300Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Bedford, TX 76022
8220 Walnut Hill Lane, Prof. Bldg. 2, Suite 700Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Dallas, TX 75231-4400
501 Medical Center Blvd.Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Webster, TX 77598
1001 12th Ave., Suite 200Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Fort Worth, TX 76104
7515 South Main Street, Suite 740Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Houston, TX 77030
925 Gessner Road, Suite 550Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Houston, TX 77024
13300 Hargrave Road, Suite 190Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Houston, TX 77070
1300 North 4th StreetGynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Longview, TX 75601
7777 Forest Lane, Suite D400Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Dallas, TX 75230
Craddick Medical Office BuildingGynecologic Oncology Specialists:
400 Rosalind Redfern Grover Pkwy., Suite 100
Midland, TX 79701
301 North WashingtonGynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Odessa, TX 79761
6300 W Parker Rd, MOB II, Suite 123Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Plano, TX 75093
4708 Alliance Blvd., Suite 150Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Plano, TX 75093
1308 Wonder World DriveGynecologic Oncology Specialists:
San Marcos, TX 78666
4101 James Casey Street, Suite 100Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Austin, TX 78745
17510 W. Grand Parkway, Suite 420Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Sugar Land, TX 77479
1228 Church StreetGynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
9200 Pinecroft, Suite 450Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
The Woodlands, TX 77380
910 East Houston Street, Suite 100Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Tyler, TX 75702
1700 W. State Highway 6Gynecologic Oncology Specialists:
Waco, TX 76712