Medical oncology focuses on diagnosing your cancer, developing your treatment plan, and coordinating your overall care.
Your medical oncologist is the quarterback of your cancer treatment team, responsible for:
- Managing your cancer treatment plan and therapies
- Monitoring and evaluating your progress
- Collaborating with other medical professionals to determine your treatment options
- Consulting with you about your treatment choices and treatment side effects you may experience
- Providing medical guidance to help you make informed decisions
- Connecting you and your family to support services that meet your educational, emotional, and financial needs during treatment
Physician assistants and clinical nurse practitioners may work with your medical oncologist to assist in providing your cancer care.
Find a medical oncologist close to you.