Founded in 1986, Texas Oncology is a pioneer in community-based cancer care. It is an independent oncology practice with more than 400 physicians and more than 165 locations across Texas and southeastern Oklahoma, including 48 comprehensive cancer centers.
A majority of all cancer care is provided in an out-patient setting. Texas Oncology’s community-based approach enables patients to receive industry-leading treatment without leaving home and the critical support of family and friends.
Throughout the Texas Oncology network, physicians have the opportunity to collaborate and share best practices with each other, so that physicians can stay focused on what they do best – caring for patients. Texas Oncology patients have access to leading-edge technologies and treatments and the latest research advances through clinical trials.
- Texas Oncology uses evidenced-based best practices to guide patient treatment across the network in a program known as Pathways.
- At our comprehensive cancer centers, our patients access much of their treatment under one roof from a knowledgeable and supportive cancer care team, including chemotherapy, radiation, X-rays, PET, CT, other diagnostic imaging, lab, and pharmacy services.
- Patients have the opportunity to participate in some of the most promising national clinical trials for a broad range of cancers. Texas Oncology, through its affiliation with US Oncology Research, has played a role in more than 50 FDA-approved cancer therapies, nearly one-third of all cancer therapies approved by the FDA to date
- At any given time, more than 100 national clinical trials are open throughout the network. Currently, Texas Oncology has 26 open clinical trials specifically for breast cancer.
- Texas Breast Specialists, Texas Oncology Surgical Specialists, and Texas Urology Specialists are a part of Texas Oncology.
- Texas Oncology’s 282 certified oncology nurses throughout the network have additional training specifically for oncology patients.
- Texas Center for Proton Therapy, near Dallas/Fort Worth, provides physicians another advanced radiation treatment option.