Why Texas Oncology?
Today's high demands for convenience and service have extended to healthcare, driving the surge of many new neighborhood clinics and small, outlying hospitals. For cancer patients, the need for community-based services is amplified due to their intense cancer treatment regimens, often taking most of their time and energy.
More than 80 percent of all cancer treatment is now delivered at the community level. This evolving trend dictates a new model for the delivery of cancer care. To meet the needs of their patients, more community-based clinics are offering advanced, comprehensive cancer care previously offered only in the largest metropolitan areas.
With more than 345 physicians and more than 135 sites of service, Texas Oncology is a pioneer in community-based cancer treatment with sites of service throughout Texas and southeastern Oklahoma. With Texas Oncology's comprehensive, community-based cancer treatments, patients can:
- Spend more precious time with their families at their time of need.
- Eliminate the strenuous burden of travel, navigating large parking lots and walking long distances.
- Receive all their care and support services at one location rather than being shuffled from one clinic to another.
- Receive their care in warm, intimate surroundings rather than in sterile, impersonal settings.
- Take advantage of today's most effective technologies for diagnoses and cancer treatments.
- Benefit from the best continuity of care, with close collaboration among their medical caregivers and coordination of cancer treatments.
- Participate in nationwide clinical trials of investigative drugs and therapies.
With Texas Oncology's comprehensive, community-based cancer treatments physicians can:
- Provide today's most accurate and effective diagnosis and cancer treatment through advanced technologies.
- Adjust patient care protocols in a timely manner.
- Closely coordinate and integrate all patient services and cancer treatments.
- Work with specialized oncology nursing teams that share a singular mission.
- Offer new advantages to patients via the nation's largest research network.
- Influence the development of new clinical trials.
- Have a voice in public policy affecting cancer care in America.